Friday, July 1, 2022

Week 26 - Identity (52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks)


This week's post "Identity", will very short just like the life of my brother.  

On May 22, 1960, my little brother Thomas William was born.  I was not 5 years old yet and as a 4 year old I only have a few memories of that time in my life.  Amazingly tho, I do remember anxiously waiting for my mother & dad to arrive home with our new baby.  I also remember the feeling of confusion as my mom walked in the door with no baby.  I have a very clear mental picture of this moment.  I don't know how this was explained to me and I have no other memories of this event.  My Mom would sometimes mention our brother over the years and I never forgot that he was here ever so briefly.  I always wondered what he would have been like and what he would have looked like.  How would our lives have been different if he had been in them?  

My little brother Thomas William also died on May 22, 1960.  His cord restricted his breathing and so he was stillborn.  But he was loved and had a name, an identity, however short.  He is buried next to his paternal grandparents.  

Below are the only records of his Identity.














 Please give credit and post a link to my blog if you intend to use any of the information written here. My blog posts are © Ann M Sinton 2022. All rights reserved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Planes - (Week 27 - 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks)

 If you live anywhere near a major airport or military air base, you know it can be a love/hate relationship at times.  Some look at it as a...