Monday, November 20, 2023

Legacy & Connections

 America lost one of it's finest citizens this past weekend.  No matter your politics, there is no denying that Jimmy & Rosalynn Carter have forever made their place in history thru their many humanitarian endeavors, not to mention their longevity.  Here is a link to just one article about  Rosalyn Carter. 


https://www.npr.org/2023/11/19/1019825478/former-first-lady-rosalynn-carter-dies?fbclid=IwAR1kbYM7G7xlatZyQ0pXlDyOSaoCgsvs6e_EROd4EqGju0gr3dWQpazvwr4


A number of years back, I read an article about a young girl who had linked all of the American Presidents to each other.  How cool, I thought from my family historian point of view.  It made me do my own project of seeing how many American presidents I could connect to in my own very extended family tree.  It turns out that it was all of them.  Some connections are thru my common ancestors or my husband or another extended family member, but some are thru the First Ladies. In Rosalynn Carter's case it is thru marriage to Jimmy. Jimmy Carter is my 8th cousin 1 time removed thru our common Hunt ancestor, a  Quaker, William Hunt born in 1660 in England and died 1694 in Philadelphia.

Rest in peace Rosalynn and thank you.


Please give credit and post a link to my blog if you intend to use any of the information written here. My blog posts are © Ann M Sinton 2023. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Planes - (Week 27 - 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks)

 If you live anywhere near a major airport or military air base, you know it can be a love/hate relationship at times.  Some look at it as a...