Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Milkweed Update

 Today I was out sprucing up my little patch where my milkweed grows.  Finally the Common Milkweed that I planted looks like it will grow to full size this year.  Unfortunately, I only have one of these growing and only one Swamp Milkweed there as well.  Of course, there are a few Swamp Milkweeds sprouting on a partially hard to access bank in our yard.  I will probably get some Monarchs this year and if there only a few, that is better than none.  Looking forward to the season.  Usually they appear in my yard at the end of June or into July.  The numbers of Monarchs that overwintered in Mexico are up a little bit from last year, so that is encouraging.  



Swamp Milkweed on the far left - tall and skinny leaves 
and
Common Milkweed is the other tall plant with broad leaves


The rather steep bank in my yard, Milkweed likes the middle of it!



Please give credit and post a link to my blog if you intend to use any of the information written here. My blog posts are © Ann M Sinton 2022. All rights reserved. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Planes - (Week 27 - 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks)

 If you live anywhere near a major airport or military air base, you know it can be a love/hate relationship at times.  Some look at it as a...